Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spaghetti & Meatballs? Really?

When my Hoyt Library boss, Carrie Murray celebrated her 80th Birthday, I decided to create a birthday cake she would never forget! Knowing Carrie enjoys Italian food, especially pasta, I went to my cookbook "Hello, Cupcake!" and created this extravaganza in Carrie's honor.
Step 1: bake the cupcakes, following the recipe in the book
Step 2: frost them
Step 3: place the cupcakes in a lasagna pan and squeeze "spaghetti" out of a hole in a Ziploc Freezer bag
Step 4: unwrap Hazelnut chocolates (meatballs) and grate white chocolate (Parmesan cheese)
Step 5: combine chocolates and low-sugar strawberry jam
Step 5: arrange on "spaghetti"
Step 6: sprinkle with "cheese".
Super easy and delicious!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

This is amazing! I can't believe it is actually dessert. Delicious!

And thank you so much for the beautiful baby shower gift. I had several folks trying to steal it away because it was so soft and beautiful. You are such a wonderful woman!